Stay in Aquitaine in the Périgord in a luxury hotel
A charming stay in the heart of the Périgord
When you stay at the Périgord, the main attractions are: The prehistoric heritage, the history, the gastronomy, the architecture, the art, and the nature.
The Château de Lalande in Vallée de l’Isle is at the geographical heart of this beautiful region with pre-historic highlights such as Les Eyzies de Tayac, the Lascaux caves, and the Villars cave, but also world-renowned cities such as Brantôme, Sarlat and Saint-Emilion.
It’s also just 12 km from Périgueux and 5 km from Saint Astier.
This tourist resort, certified since 1987, is a town of art and history with over 100,000 visitors per year thanks to its well-preserved heritage (including the Saint-Front Cathedral, a registered World Heritage Site), its museums, and its selection of themed tours.
Aquitaine, and more particularly the Périgord, is a land of gastronomy.
With foie gras, porcini mushrooms, duck, or strawberries, the general menu and the set menus are varied and go very well with a good wine.
This is especially true because the nearby Bergerac vineyard offers guests some great wines that will delight the most discerning of connoisseurs, not to mention the Bordeaux wines.
It is also a place of expertise: forestry and agriculture characterise the landscape of the Périgord.
These industries have a significant impact on the local economy. Surrounded by nature, you will have a calm and restful stay.
Nearby leisure activities
The beautiful countryside of the Périgord has many open-air leisure activities to offer:
Green bike route of Vallée de L’Isle
Plan for the green bike route: http://www.tourisme-perigueux.fr/sites/default/files/imce_images/DepliantVoieVerte-IMP02-1.jpg
- 18-hole golf at Périgueux (10 km from Annesse-et-Beaulieu) http://golfdeperigueux.com/fr and at La Marterie, 40 km away http://marterie.bluegreen.com/fr[PR1]
- Boat trip in Vallée de l’Isle http://www.moulin-duellas.fr
- Horse riding (15 km away)
- Kayaking (6 km away)
- Zorbing and canoeing http://www.toofyk-dronne.fr/
- Tennis (1 km away)
Don’t forget the beautiful outdoor pool and park at Château de Lalande.
There are many exciting local events going on.
Must-see sights in the Périgourdine area:
Places to visit
Here are a few places to visit:
- Vesunna Gallo-Roman Museum [Musée Vesunna]
- The Ecological Truffle Museum [Ecomusée de la Truffe]
- The Villars Cave [Grotte de Villars]
- Saint-Front de Périgueux Cathedral
- The castles of Bourdeilles and Puyguilhem
- The Benedictine Abbey of Brantôme
- Other nearby castles
- The village of Saint-Jean-de-Côle
- The village of Aubeterre
- The Lascaux Caves
- The Prehistory Museum [Musée de la Préhistoire]
- Discover the Périgord and Dordogne
Various brochures about Périgueux to download
Guides & Monuments
Discover the city of Périgueux - Gallo-Roman and Medieval Renaissance Walk
The last Artisanal Biscotterie in France, La Chanteracoise http://www.la-chanteracoise.fr/
Neuvic Caviar [Caviar de Neuvic] http://www.caviar-de-neuvic.com/fr